Though fashion and technology have long intersected, recent developments in computation have enabled the adoption of new methods, tools, and approaches to design.
From materials to new manufacturing processes of the industrial age, advancements in technology have driven forward our understanding of the aesthetics, style, and functionality of garments and accessories.
Fashion and Technology provides a conceptual framework for how new technologies are used in fashion design and shows how they can be implemented into the design process. This practical guide includes highly visual tutorials that introduce students and practitioners to designing with electronics-such as LEDs, sensors, electroluminescent materials, conductive and reactive materials-and digital fabrication technologies such as 3D printing and laser cutting.
Projects make these innovative materials accessible to designers and will inspire creative collaborations within studio practice.
- Highly visual Tutorials follow a consistent format for presenting each technique including descriptions, materials and supplies, workspace, safety considerations or hazards, numbered steps and finished examples
- Designer Interviews and Case Studies showcase innovative fashion collections and forward-thinking collaborations
- A unique chapter on designing with source code introduces programmatic concepts and terminology for novices
- Instructor's Guide provides suggestions for planning the course and using the text in the classroom, with supplemental assignments and lecture notes.
- Test Bank includes sample test questions for each chapter.
~ Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
~ Review concepts with flashcards of essential vocabulary
~ Watch videos that bring chapter topics and concepts to life
Peso: 1 Kg