Designing Fashion's Future responds to these questions to offer a fresh understanding of design practices within the sprawling, shifting fashion system.
Fashion design is typically viewed as the rarefied practice of elite professionals, or else as a single stage within the apparel value chain.
Designing Fashion's Future draws on more than 50 interviews with industry professionals based in Australia, Asia, North America, Europe, and the United Kingdom. These diverse perspectives from multinational retailers, independent and experimental contexts ground the discussion in contemporary industry practices.
Table of Contents
1. Fashion Design Beyond the Designer
2. Fashion Systems Thinking
3. Designers, Named and Nameless
4. Fashion's Designerly Narratives
5. Designing in Fast Fashion
6. Design for Sustainability as Strategies and Tactics
7. Weightless Fashion
8. Taming Fashion by Design
9. Rewilding Fashion by Design
Peso: 1 Kg
|Anno/Mese di Uscita:||2021|